I recently picked up one of these head units very cheap from Facebook Marketplace. It appears to be a very modular unit with many accessories available for it. In fact I’d go as far as to say that many of the functions that it is designed for require optional modules to be purchased…not great from a consumer perspective but it seems to work for Alpine.
When researching this unit, I was unable to find a definitive list of all the compatible modules, so I have put together the following from various sources and I hope it is useful to someone. I have linked to the appropriate page on the Alpine or other suitable websites where possible.
- KCE-400BT – Parrot Bluetooth Interface (firmware updates available here).
- NVE-099P – DVD Navigation System
- NVE-N055PS – Navigation System (requires KCE-030N – RGB Converter Cable. Appears to be a older, lower-spec system compared to the NVE-099P, possibly factory fitted in some vehicles)
- DVA-5210 – Single DVD Player
- DHA-S690 – 6 Disc DVD Changer
- HCE-C107D – Reversing Camera (a regular analog/RCA camera input can be used instead which would be considerably cheaper, the unit has a dedicated input port for such)
- KCA-121B – Ai-NET RCA Input Cable
- KCE-433iV – “Full Speed” iPod Interface cable (requires KCE-400BT)
- TUE-T200DVB – Digital TV Tuner (supports Freeview in the UK)
Adapters & Cables
- KCA-410C – Versatile Link Terminal (allows connection of 2x Ai-NET devices or changers)
- KCE-237B – Aux+ Input Cable (requires KCE-400BT)
- NVE-K200 – Ai-NET Interrupt Box (to allow the connected source to pause and override the currently playing media. e.g. for navigation guidance)
Audio Processing & Amplifiers
- PXA-H100 – IMPRINT Audio Processor
- PXA-H700/PXA-H701 – MX Media Manager (Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Processor)
- MRA-D550 – 5.1 Digital Theatre Amplifier 60 watts
- MRA-F350 – 5.1 Digital Theatre Amplifier 50 watts
- MRA-F355 – 5.1 Digital Theatre Amplifier 50 watts (same spec as above, but for the UK/EU market)
The user manual mentions the following but offers no part numbers or further information, I will update the details here if I find anything out.
- “Vehicle Display Interface Box” – Interface box to output media information to dashboard MFDs, in some cases it can connect to and control in-car systems such as climate control and parking sensors. Also allows steering wheel controls in many cases. Vehicle support includes select BMW, Porsche, VW, Opel, Seat, Skoda and Renault from year approximately 2008 onwards. No mention of any other brands.
- “Steering Controls Interface” – Same as above.