When running PP2000 inside a virtual machine, as many users do nowadays, you may see the following error on certain computers, depending on the processor that they use:
WINCAD caused a general protection fault in module WIN87EM.DLL at 0001:02C9
In my case, I am using VirtualBox to run my VM, I don’t know if this fix applies to VMWare, or even whether this error occurs on VMWare.
The fix that seems to work for me is:
1. Download “Winfloat.exe” to your VM.
2. Double-click on “Winfloat.exe” to extract files to C: drive.
3. Copy “HIDE87.com” to the c:\windows\system32 directory.
4. Open the “autoexec.nt” file (c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt) with a text editor like Wordpad.
5. Add “lh c:\windows\system32\HIDE87.com” to the “autoexec.nt” file.
6. Save the file, and exit.
7. Reboot the Virtual Machine.